A HISTORY OF THE SOUTH AFRICAN DEFENCE FORCE INSTITUTE (SADFI) 1916 - 1991
AbstractOn 1 January 1916, the Union Defence Force assumed control of the South West African branches of the South African Garrison Institutes (SAGI) and five months later, the branches at Potchefstroom and in the Cape Peninsula. Now in 1991, it is an apt time to reflect upon the 75 years of service provided by the South African Defence Force Institute (SADFI), to the South African Defence Force and its predecessor.
Copyright (c) 2018 L.J. Van der Waag
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License.
Authors, copyright holders, may use the publishers version for teaching purposes, in books, theses, dissertations, conferences and conference papers.
A copy of the authors’ publishers version may also be hosted on the following websites:
- Non-commercial personal homepage or blog.
- Institutional webpage.
- Authors Institutional Repository.
The following notice should accompany such a posting on the website: “This is an electronic version of an article published in Scientia Militaria, Volume XXX, number XXX, pages XXX–XXX”, DOI. Authors should also supply a hyperlink to the original paper or indicate where the original paper (http://scientiamilitaria.journals.ac.za) may be found.
Authors publishers version, affiliated with the Stellenbosch University will be automatically deposited in the University’s’ Institutional Repository SUNScholar.
Articles as a whole, may not be re-published with another journal.
The following license applies: