DAN PIENAAR GUN PARK LAUNCHES MUSEUM INTO 21ST CENTURY

C. Monick

Abstract


On 14 February 1992 there occurred the official opening of the Dan Pienaar Gun Park at the South African National Museum of Military History. The Gun Park is a newly completed exhibition area created by roofing and repairing the central courtyard between the exhibition's main halls. Lt Gen G L Meiring, SSA, SO, officially opened the Dan Pienaar Gun Park. The statue of Maj Gen D H ('Dan') Pienaar was officially unveiled by his widow (now Mrs Norma Seuffert). Maj Gen Pienaar's children, Fay, Barry and Nelia, were also present, in addition to a very wide representation of the Pienaar family.


Keywords


Dan Pienaar Gun Park; South African National Museum of Military History; exhibition area; statue of Maj Gen D H ('Dan') Pienaar; 14 February 1992

Full Text:

PDF


DOI: https://doi.org/10.5787/22-2-326

Refbacks

  • There are currently no refbacks.




Copyright (c) 2018 C. Monick


ISSN 2224-0020 (online); ISSN 1022-8136 (print)

Creative Commons License -CC BY-NC-ND 4.0


Powered by OJS and hosted by Stellenbosch University Library and Information Service since 2011.


Disclaimer:

This journal is hosted by the SU LIS on request of the journal owner/editor. The SU LIS takes no responsibility for the content published within this journal, and disclaim all liability arising out of the use of or inability to use the information contained herein. We assume no responsibility, and shall not be liable for any breaches of agreement with other publishers/hosts.

SUNJournals Help