Submission Preparation ChecklistAs part of the submission process, authors are required to check off their submission's compliance with all of the following items, and submissions may be returned to authors that do not adhere to these guidelines.
- The submission has not been previously published, nor is it before another journal for consideration (or an explanation has been provided in Comments to the Editor).
- The necessary written permission to publish a chapter from a post-grad study and/or to include copyright material owned by a Third Party has been obtained.
- The submission is devoid of any similarities to other sources, and recognition is given to the ideas and words of other authors by referencing.
- The submission file is in Microsoft Word document file format.
- The first line of each paragraph is indented, the text is justified, there is 1.5 spacing between lines, a 12-point Times New Roman font is used, and all illustrations, figures, and tables are positioned within the text at the appropriate points rather than at the end.
- Where available, URLs for the references have been provided.
The article adheres to the journal's other requirements outlined under the General Guidelines section, which is found under the submissions tab.
The article adheres to the stylistic and bibliographic Referencing Style requirements of the journal which is found under the submissions tab.
- An electronic copy of the submission has been submitted through the journal’s online submission portal and has been e-mailed to the editor, Dr EP Kleynhans (Kleynhans@sun.ac.za)
Authors, copyright holders, may use the publishers version for teaching purposes, in books, theses, dissertations, conferences and conference papers.
A copy of the authors' publishers version may also be hosted on the following websites:
- Non-commercial personal homepage or blog.
- Institutional webpage.
- Authors Institutional Repository.
The following notice should accompany such a posting on the website: This is an electronic version of an article published in Scientia Militaria, Volume XXX, number XXX, pages XXX - XXX, DOI. Authors should also supply a hyperlink to the original paper or indicate where the original paper (http://scientiamilitaria.journals.ac.za) may be found.
Authors publishers version, affiliated with the Stellenbosch University will be automatically deposited in the University's Institutional Repository SUNScholar.
Articles as a whole, may not be re-published with another journal.
The following license applies:
The names and email addresses entered in this journal site will be used exclusively for the stated purposes of this journal and will not be made available for any other purpose or to any other party.