A HISTORY OF THE SOUTH AFRICAN DEFENCE FORCE INSTITUTE (SADFI) 1916 - 1991

L.J. Van der Waag

Abstract


On 1 January 1916, the Union Defence Force assumed control of the South West African branches of the South African Garrison Institutes (SAGI) and five months later, the branches at Potchefstroom and in the Cape Peninsula. Now in 1991, it is an apt time to reflect upon the 75 years of service provided by the South African Defence Force Institute (SADFI), to the South African Defence Force and its predecessor.


Keywords


Union Defence Force; South West African branches; South African Garrison Institutes (SAGI); Potchefstroom; Cape Peninsula; South African Defence Force Institute (SADFI)

Full Text:

PDF


DOI: https://doi.org/10.5787/21-4-338

Refbacks

  • There are currently no refbacks.




Copyright (c) 2018 L.J. Van der Waag


ISSN 2224-0020 (online); ISSN 1022-8136 (print)

Creative Commons License -CC BY-NC-ND 4.0


Powered by OJS and hosted by Stellenbosch University Library and Information Service since 2011.


Disclaimer:

This journal is hosted by the SU LIS on request of the journal owner/editor. The SU LIS takes no responsibility for the content published within this journal, and disclaim all liability arising out of the use of or inability to use the information contained herein. We assume no responsibility, and shall not be liable for any breaches of agreement with other publishers/hosts.

SUNJournals Help